When people think about insulation, they often think of it like a warm coat on a winter afternoon, but your insulation is hard at work all year-round, not just the winter! In fact, your insulation is working to hold in any indoor air and prevent outdoor air from seeping in. So, in the case of your air conditioning in the summertime, your insulation will provide a buffer between the hot outdoor air and the cool air in your home—helping ensure your comfort!
How Insulation Helps Keep Your Home Comfortable All Year Long
Installing insulation is essential to keeping any home cool during the hotter months. By insulating your home, you can experience not only more consistent indoor temperatures but also sound reduction, lower energy bills and more. Insulation works by helping stop the transfer of heat—meaning it helps keep warm air outside during the summer (and hot air inside during the winter months).
In addition to improving interior comfort levels in the summer (and all year long), there are many benefits of insulating your home. Insulating can help:
- Increase energy efficiency: Insulation helps prevent heat loss and increases the efficiency of your household’s HVAC system—meaning your heating and cooling equipment runs more efficiently and is less likely to break down in an untimely manner.
- Muffle sound: Insulation helps reduces noise levels from outside and between other rooms and floors inside. This is especially useful in apartment buildings and other similar housing, where there tends to be less privacy.
- Reduce air leakage: Insulation reduces the amount of cool air leaking to the outdoors, keeping your home cooler and making your air conditioning system operate more efficiently.
- And more
Types of Insulation We Install
At ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation, we install a wide range of insulation, including:
- Fiberglass – this type of insulation is available as blown-in (loose-fill) or rolls and batts. It can be installed virtually anywhere in your home, including walls, the attic, the basement, and more.
- Cellulose – cellulose insulation consists of up to 85 percent recycled materials and can be considered one of the most environmentally friendly insulation products.
- Spray foam – this is a great type of insulation to use if you need to fill cracks, gaps, crevices or any other small cavity.
Schedule a Quote for Your Insulation Project
If you’re ready to get started on your insulation installation project, a ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation professional is just a call or click away! No matter what your project requires, we will complete it in a safe, timely and professional manner.
Contact us online or by phone at 800-836-2535 today to schedule a free insulation assessment for your home in the Chicago area!