If your home has any crawl spaces that aren’t insulated, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to maximize energy efficiency and savings. In fact, crawl spaces are a big source of air leakage—for an area so small, a crawl space offers huge energy savings if properly insulated.
Do you need to insulate your home’s crawl space? If you live in Brookfield, Illinois, you’ve come to the right place! ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation serves the entire area, every neighborhood. Contact us today if you need crawl space insulation for your home.
Insulating Crawl Spaces
If you have a ventilated crawl space, our insulation contractors can insulate the subflooring and between the floor joists. If your crawl space is unventilated, it’s recommended to insulate the walls. Whether your crawl space is ventilated or unventilated, sealing is also extremely important. Air sealing and insulation are services that often go hand in hand because air leaks can greatly compromise the performance of insulation.
Benefits of Crawl Space Insulation for Your Home
Is crawl space insulation worth it? In a word, yes! Crawl space insulation offers a number of different benefits beyond just improving your home’s energy efficiency. In addition to lowering your monthly bills, crawl space insulation:
- Makes your home more comfortable year round
- Can eliminate problems like frozen pipes, wood rot, mold and mildew growth and water infiltration
- Can increase the market value of your house—many buyers value energy efficiency above other things
- Promotes a healthier environment—reduced energy consumption leads to reduced carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions
- Improves the overall performance of your air conditioner and furnace by helping your home stay at more comfortable temperatures
Crawl Space Insulation Installation in Brookfield
Do you think you may need more crawl space insulation? ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation professionals are ready to help! Contact us today to learn more or if you’re ready to insulate the crawl space in your home.