At ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation, we install USG brand Levelrock floors and floor underlayments. But what is gypsum flooring, and why is it a better choice than traditional concrete? Keep reading to find out!
What is Gypsum Flooring?
Gypsum is a mineral that has been used in flooring for a long time, because it provides a strong and durable surface when mixed with sand and water and poured. Typically gypsum solutions are used as “underlayments” rather than complete floor coverings, but if sealed and coated correctly they can be used as a finished flooring surface. Gypsum floor underlayment has a variety of applications and can be poured in virtually any building.
Benefits of Installing Gypsum Concrete Floors
Levelrock brand gypsum floor underlayment has a variety of beneficial features and qualities, including (depending on the specific product):
- Ability to sustain light to medium traffic within hours of installation
- Exceptional surface hardness that resists indentation
- Self-sealing technology that allows installation of floor coverings without sealing the underlayment
- Self-leveling technology that takes the stress out of creating a level underlayment
- Sound-proofing and fire-proofing qualities that make commercial buildings safer and more functional
- Quick installation—up to 30,000 square feet can often be installed in a single day
- Smooth, crack-resistant results
- Formulations made specifically for radiant heat, corrugated steel deck, and eco-friendly applications
- And more!
Contact Us for Your Next Flooring Project
Do you have an upcoming commercial building project? Have you found a quality contractor for floor underlayment? Contact ThermaSeal / Lakeside today to get a competitive bid on Levelrock floor underlayment installation!