Whether you’re constructing a new building in Chicago or adding onto your existing facility, the type of flooring you choose sets the stage for the rest of your project. When you need a strong, code-compliant floor underlayment, consider choosing ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation to install a Levelrock® floor.
What Is a Levelrock Floor?
This brand offers an array of gypsum floors, engineered cements, and acoustic components appropriate for commercial, residential, and industrial new construction and renovation projects. Levelrock is poured into place over concrete, wood subfloor, or corrugated steel decking. It can act as the finished flooring material or have a floor covering installed over it.
Benefits of Levelrock Floor
- Self-leveling: The most unique and desirable feature of Levelrock is its ability to virtually self-level over a large square footage, setting to a smooth, flat surface in just two or three hours. Foot traffic can resume in just 24 hours.
- Lightweight, yet strong and durable: Levelrock floor products have compressive strength ratings from 2,500 to 8,000 pounds per square inch (psi), yet this floor underlayment remains lightweight. These combined qualities make Levelrock floor ideal for both single-story and multi-level structures.
- Pairs with all types of floor coverings: Feel free to install vinyl, ceramic tile, composition tile, natural stone, wood laminate, hardwood or carpet over Levelrock. With a decorative coating or stain, engineered cement can even serve as the finished floor material.
- Minimal potential for mold: Levelrock floors can be installed before drywall, which helps to speed up the construction process and minimizes mold growth. The product’s low water demand and fast curing time further reduce moisture levels needed for mold to grow.
- Soundproofing capabilities: To enhance sound performance, you can have a sound reduction mat or board applied before pouring Levelrock floor underlayment.
- Fire rated: Levelrock products are fire-rated to ensure building code compliance.
Levelrock Installation in Chicago, IL
Not all gypsum floors are created equal. At ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation, we only offer the best Levelrock floors for your project. Plus, we’ll help you make the proper selection from a wide array of quality Levelrock products, so your floor performs the way you expect it to.
When the time comes to pour Levelrock floors into place, we do so with the care and attention required to protect your floors from dusting, chipping, or cracking.
Contact us to learn more or request a free Levelrock floor installation estimate.