If you need to insulate your home, you’re probably searching for a local insulation company. It can be a lot of work, especially in large cities and suburban regions (like here in the Chicago area) where there are a number of companies to choose from!
So how do you narrow down your choices?
Tips for Hiring an Insulation Contractor in Your Area
To find a quality insulation company, there are certain things we think you should look for.
If you’re looking for an insulation company in the area and have already gone online and searched something along the lines of “insulation companies in Chicago” you’re on the right track! Finding a quality insulation contractor starts with research.
Once you find a few companies, it’s time for more research. Are they listed on professional sites like HomeAdvisor.com? Read reviews of the company on sites like Yelp. But just looking on the internet isn’t good enough! You should ask the companies questions—think of it kind of like an interview.
What to Ask Insulation Companies
- Do you have a license (if necessary) to work in the state?
- Do you have insurance to cover any accidents while working in my home?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have references I can contact?
If you get in touch with any of the references provided, ask things like:
- Why did you select this contractor?
- Did they arrive on time?
- Did they complete the project on budget?
- Did they maintain a clean work space?
Bids on Insulation Work
It’s recommended to get three bids on insulation work you need for your home. Be sure to ask for bids—in writing—with:
- The coverage area to be insulated
- The installed R-value (final value when everything is done)
- The total cost
- The schedule
- Expressed warranties for the work
- Potential issues the contractor may face during installation
Quality Insulation Contractor in Chicago
By doing the right research and asking the right questions, you should find a great company to install insulation in your home. If you’re looking in the Chicago area, consider ThermaSeal / Lakeside Insulation. As part of the renowned Installed Building Products family, we have experience and are a reputable source you can trust. See reviews of our company on Yelp—and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Contact us today to find out why many homeowners in northeastern Illinois have relied on us for their insulation needs!